Red Light Therapy
What is Red Light Therapy?
Red light is a technology that is being used for skin rejuvenation and repair. While red light units often look similar to a tanning bed, it is important to know that the function and results couldn't be further apart. The simplest way to explain it is that it's like a workout, but for your skin! Your skin will be stimulated into naturally producing more collagen and elastin. By the time we reach the age of 25 years, our bodies produce less collagen and elastin naturally, and as a result we start to see those early signs of aging.
- reduction in fine lines and wrinkles
- improved skin tone and texture
- fades scars and stretch marks
- counteracts sun damage
- increases the cellular renewal rate of your skin
- strengthens the skins elastin matrix, resulting in firmer skin
- increases collagen production for younger looking skin
How long does it take to see results?
For the best results, we recommend doing red light 3 times per week. Remember that going more frequently won't get you results any faster because the skin is being stimulated and energized AND it still needs time to do it's work. For that reason, we recommend leaving a day in-between even though there isn't any risk of overexposure or damage like with UV tanning. You should start to notice a difference after 1 month of regular use, and have achieved your best outcome by 3 months. Once you've reached that point, you can reduce your sessions to once per week to maintain.
Do I need to use product?
For the best results, we recommend incorporating a collagen boosting product prior to your session. There are a wide variety of brands formulated specifically for red light such as Collagenetics and Restored. If you planning to do a UV tan after your red light session, we would recommend getting one of the 2 in 1 products for example Collagenetics 2 in 1 Pro. Keep in mind regular drug store moisturizers are not formulated to remain stable when exposed to light so consult with your local spa to help you select the correct product for your needs.
What are the different Red Light Services Planet Beach Offers?
- The Beauty Angel is a stand up red light booth that incorporates a vibrational trainer! It has 4 levels of intensity to help circulate lymph in the body and reduce cellulite while providing all the benefits red light offers. Sessions are 12 minutes.
- PB Renew Red Light is a laydown bed so that you can relax and enjoy while getting all the benefits of red light. Sessions are 15 minutes in length.
- PB Renew Facial & Lumiere are exclusively for the face and are often combined with our massage chair service! Sessions are 20 minutes in length.